Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello all, 

I have a refurbished H-8 1234 and the fan for my PSU has become damaged(don't poke stuff with q-tips!) which has led to it becoming far too noisy for comfort. 

Rather than trying to replace only the fan I'm feeling the easier route would be to just replace the whole PSU(if I'm wrong please let me know). The spec page from Tiger Direct says the H-8 1234 uses a 300 Watt power supply.

I've learned that the motherboard in my model is proprietary but I'm not looking for an upgrade in wattage, I just want a replacement or compatible PSU for an undamaged and quiet fan. 

Any direction on how to get that and maybe where exactly would be much appreciated!

HP Recommended

I'm thinking I will try a Corsair CX430, will this be compatible  with my h8-1234? Again I don't need to upgrade anything I just need a replacement PSU for a quiet fan.

Again any feedback, as I've never replaced a PSU before, would be extremely helpful for my stress! Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi guys, I am planning to upgrade my existing HP Pavillion p6590d (bought around 2 to 2.5 years ago) and I am rather unsure on how I can do this. I plan to upgrade the GPU to like a 750ti(preferabbly ASUS) and this probably requires me to upgrade my PSU as well. However, I am not sure whether the PSU and GPU will fit my chasis or not, please help! I am currently looking at a Corsair CX 500M or CX 600M and want a ASUS GTX 750Ti.

The specs of the PC can be found here 

overal computer specs

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=4162263&spf...

motherboard specfic specs

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=4162263&spf...

HP Recommended

I'm hopeing to upgrade my PSU in my HP 700-210 to handle a  amd radeon r9 280x 2gb or a r9 280x.  Plus I'm upgradeing the RAM to 16gb or 32gb. I'm looking at a  

Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply 750 watt. Any other PSU suggestions? 

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Builder-Series-Watt-CX600/dp/B0092ML0OC/ref=pd_luc_top_sim_02_03_t_lh?...

HP Recommended

Hi Redwolf1,

What operating system are you using?

Review this posted article on: Guide to Selecting a Discrete Graphics Card

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Windows 8 

This my system 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04058427

And I might upgrade the CPU to the AMD A10 6800K (Richland) Quad Core. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You have an UEFI enabled PC so make sure that when you buy a video card that is UEFI enabled or you will need to change some bios settings.

Why did you reference a 750 watt power supply then post a link for a 600 watt power supply?

The AMD R9 280 is a 300 watt card.  I wouldn't install that card in your PC.  You motherboard is not robost enough to handle that kind of power.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

ok,thx for the advice. I'll countiue to do more research and I'm sorry  for the confusion.  Do you think it would be safe for me to upgrade the stock PSU in the HP ENVY 700-210 to a CX600 or CX500 power supply? and again thankyou sir for the help.

HP Recommended
I would just like to note - I did buy the HP Phoenix h9-1440t desktop last May. It is an awesome computer!! I'm really please with the purchase!!
HP Recommended

Hi RedWolf1,

The Corsair CX600 would be an excellent choice.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.