Question

Tutor
pfisher
Message 1 of 3 (206 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 110-014 Desktop

I have an HP 110-014 desktop computer.  The motherboard (Pegatron) Redwood 2, Mini-ITX: 17 cm board is way too small and ONLY has 2 SATA ports on the board.  I would like to add 2 more internal hard drives to give this computer more storage.    Right now, this computer ONLY has a 500gig hard drive.  

OBVIOUSLY, I could replace the original 500gig HD with a much bigger drive OR I could grab some external hard drives to increase the storage capacity.  

My question is very simple, can I replace the existing motherboard with a larger motherboard that supports 4 SATA ports rather than 2 ports?   Just to clarify, I want 4 SATA ports on the motherboard.  

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 3 (200 Views)

Re: HP 110-014 Desktop

The Redwood 2 motherboard is a Mini-ITX board and the case is also very small. No ATX or micro-ATX (uATX) motherboard will fit in this case. At minimum, you would need to purchase a new case, new motherboard, and a new operating system (because the OEM install would cease to function).

I suggest going with external USB drives or network attached drives.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Student
Orlyleon62
Message 3 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: HP 110-014 Desktop

This  PC has a lot of messes  1- does not let me download from DKS sports 2_ YOUR stupid page on the website does not let me download updates what the heck is wrong with you MOronrs on HP make sure your page works. 3- It keeps  trying to make me update to Window 8.1, I dont want that,dont you understand??

I am so upset with you people.

Orlando Leon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation