HP 640GB Pocket Media Drive Setup Installation? (1500 Views)
Honor Student
gemma-mac
Message 1 of 2 (1,500 Views)

HP 640GB Pocket Media Drive Setup Installation?

[ Edited ]

I just started using the HP 120gb pocket media drive that came with my Pavillion m9000t Elite, Windows Vista. 

The 120gb drive came with Roxio Backup 7 and instructions to setup the drive.  When you open the drive it has a PMD folder and folders like My Pictures, My Videos, My Music, Recorded TV. 

I needed more storage so I ordered the 640GB Pocket Media Drive.  When I open the 640 PMD in My Computer there is a completely different setup. There are no instructions to setup the drive or install anything and there are no folders for Pictures, Videos, Recorded TV etc.. 

There is a folder with HP Pocket Media Drive documentation and HP SureStore User's Guide.  Also a download for Adobe reader (shortcut to Adobe) and shortcut to HP Support and that's it.

Please help!  Do I need to install something, or can I just make folders and start dragging and dropping things to this drive.  I have  200 GB of Recorded TV that I need to store.   Can I just drag and drop it to this 640 GB PMD?

Thanks for helping the technologically challenged.

Gemma

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 2 (1,465 Views)

Re: HP 640GB Pocket Media Drive Setup Installation?

There should be no need to download anything extra, if all that is wanted is storage for files.  Open the drive in "My Computer" or it might be called "computer" (that is double click on the drive).  When the panel opens right click in the window that opens (in an area that has nothing close to it) and then click on "New" and then "folder".  Name the folder something that is appropriate for the use like Pictures, Videos, Recorded TV etc..   Find the files that are wanted to be stored in the new folders and drop and drag, or copy and paste into the folders.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation