Question

Honor Student
mooneyk20
Message 1 of 3 (2,534 Views)

HP A1350N Green light on Power Supply comes on and then goes off when pwr is pushed

I recently attempted to install a third party PCI-USB expansion card (Ultra brand).  The card seemed to fit but the computer will no longer power up.

If I unplug the power cord and wait a few seconds and then reconnect it the green light on the Pwr Src illuminates but upon pressing the power button the light turns off and there is no movement inside the case what so ever.  I have attempted to disconnect the hard drive, remove and reinsert the main power cable, remove and reseat the processor and ofcourse  I have also removed the Ultra PCI card.  Nothing seems to make a difference.

Is this a Power Source issue?  Or could the thrid party card have damaged the mother board? I was quite carefull I dont believe the MB has been physically damaged but i have never encountered this before and it seems odd that it happened after the card was installed.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 3 (2,526 Views)

Re: HP A1350N Green light on Power Supply comes on and then goes off when pwr is pushed

Try this procedure.

Trouble Shooting Power Supply Issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Tutor
dcx4ever
Message 3 of 3 (2,504 Views)

Re: HP A1350N Green light on Power Supply comes on and then goes off when pwr is pushed

If your power supply was good before then I can only assume it's good now. If all you have done is add a pci card then perhaps you have installed it incorrectly. Remove the card and try to reboot. If the system reboots then power down and re-insert the card carefully into another pci slot if you have one available. Check all cabling and ensure card is inserted all the way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation