Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My system is: HP Compaq 6000 Pro Microtower with CORE 2 DUO 3.0 GHz (Dual Core) 4GB DDR3 RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, which presently has onboard graphics.

I want to install this graphics card: inno3d geforce gt 630. More details about the card can be found at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/INNO3D-NVIDIA-Geforce-GT-630-4GB-PCI-Express-x16-Video-Graphics-Card-HMDI-/2...

The card installs in the PCIe x16 slot just fine, and the fan runs, so the card is getting power. However, once the card is installed and I power up, there is no display on the monitor. I consulted with Invidia tech support about this problem and they said: "Disable On-Board display and enable PCI Display in the BIOS." On investigating the BIOS of my machine I found no obvious way to follow those instructions.

I consulted the manual for my computer,  and found the following under: "Table 3-6 Computer Setup—Advanced (for advanced users) (continued)"

----------

PCI VGA Configuration Displayed only if there are multiple PCI video adapters in the system. Allows you to specify which

VGA controller will be the “boot” or primary VGA controller.

NOTE: In order to see this entry, you must enable Integrated Video (Advanced > Device

Options) and Save Changes and Exit.

Bus Options On some models, allows you to enable or disable:

● PCI SERR# Generation.

● PCI VGA palette snooping, which sets the VGA palette snooping bit in PCI configuration space;

only needed when more than one graphics controller is installed.

-----------

On investigating the BIOS at (Advanced > Device Options) there was NO "integrated Video" listed.

This leaves me at a dead end. What now?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi bfreesteve,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/bd-p/bsc-271

I hope this helps!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, dit you already found a solution to diable your onboard videocard on your hp 6000 pro?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.