Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

1). Can I know the latest BIOS version for HP Compaq DC7700 Convertible Minitower desktop PC?

The current System Information is given below:

OS Name:    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version:    6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Model:    HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower
System Type:    X86-based PC
Processor:    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date:    Hewlett-Packard 786E1 v01.10, 4/13/2007
SMBIOS Version:    2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM):    4.00 GB

Regards,

SV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you download the BIOS file run it, and the first thing that will pop up is a web page-like set of instructions for all of the BIOS flash methods.

I like the easy method of formatting a usb flash drive in the FAT 32 file system, copying the contents of the DOS flash folder to the usb flash drive, plugging the flash drive into the PC, booting up the PC, tapping the F10 key to access the BIOS at the begining of the HP welcome screen and using the "Flash System ROM" menu in the BIOS.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the latest BIOS version for your dc7700 CMT.

You can only use one of the DOS based flash methods, since there are no Windows based flash files for use with WIndows 7.

Flashing the BIOS using the Windows based flash in Windows 7 will almost certainly render your PC useless.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3232101&sp...

HP Recommended

Hi Paul-

Can you describe or give me a link explaining step by step procedure for 'DOS based flash method' pls?

HP Recommended

Hi:

When you download the BIOS file run it, and the first thing that will pop up is a web page-like set of instructions for all of the BIOS flash methods.

I like the easy method of formatting a usb flash drive in the FAT 32 file system, copying the contents of the DOS flash folder to the usb flash drive, plugging the flash drive into the PC, booting up the PC, tapping the F10 key to access the BIOS at the begining of the HP welcome screen and using the "Flash System ROM" menu in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Greetings...

I just followed the instructions and completed the BIOS upgrade. Thanks.

But, now when I boot the system after the BIOS loading, there is message always pop up as following...

ME-BIOS Sync - Successful

2218-ME Firmware/System BIOS synchronization warning

ME BIOS Extension module execution has halted.

Update BIOS or Management Engine  firmware if problem persists.

After this message, system is will go into Win7 login screen as usual. How do we resolve this warning or it can be ignored....pls advise.

Regards,

SV

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that updating the BIOS caused that issue.

Please take a look at this blog article and see if you want to follow any of the steps taken there to remedy the problem.

http://www.bauer-power.net/2008/12/adventures-in-flashing-bios-hp-dc7700.html#.Uv0XyP2YbGg

HP Recommended

Hi,

I followed those steps but, didn't succeed.

1. Actually Step-2 didn't complete well because, I got a message as that Chipset driver is for Win Xp & not suitable for Win7.

2. How do I do step-7? just paste 'FWUpdtLcl.exe 221_1034.bin -generic' in dos prompt itself and hit Enter?

3. Then after running step-8, a message pop up as 'the update was not successfull and the BIOS is corrupted....'.

After all, I restarted the PC while my fingers crossed and got the system back as it was earlier!

Also I noticed Paul Bauer's procedure will be downgrading the BIOS Ver 3.07 to 3.04

Pls let me know if I should revise any of the above steps and do it again?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi:

This chipset driver should work for you.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20019&ProdId=816&lang=eng&OSVersion=...

If you are not getting any errors when you turn on the PC, I would leave well enough alone.

I never had an issue updating the BIOS so I don't really know what you need to do.

Unfortunately, I don't know how the firmware update works.

If you still are getting that error code on boot, I would revert to an older BIOS revision and see if that gets rid of the error.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried this chipset instatllation at Step-2 but, no sucess! Actually on Bauer's Step-7, the command should be FWUpdLcl.exe  221_1034.bin -generic and not FWUpdtLcl.exe 221_1034.bin -generic

Anyways there is no issue because of this error since the system continues to boot.

btw, how do I roll back to original BIOS Ver 1.10 in case I needed in future? Pls give me the link for the correct version as well.

Thanks & regards

SV

HP Recommended

Hi:

I will leave it up to you to confirm that what I have posted is correct, but it appears to me that looking at the revision history tab on the latest BIOS update, the oldest one you can revert back to is this one:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3232101&sp...

You would revert back to an older revision of the BIOS by using the same method you used to update it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.