HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-12-2009 01:05 PM
Hi to all!!!
Recently i've had some issues with my desktop pc...
First all the USB ports went out (none of them was working)
Then the computer began to power off instantly (like a PSU problem)
I checked the PSU but it's ok so i think the MainBoard is short-circuit or something
It turns on and the SouthBridge Chip overheats (it burns if i touch it)
Can you tell me what is the problem here and which could be the solution (please don't tell me i have to change the motherboard... X-D)
Thanks in advance