Question

Top Student
lilmax25
Message 1 of 2 (470 Views)

HP DC7100 Wireless help

My wireless card is not showing up in the device manager therefore I can't use the internet

I assume I am missing some drivers, I just don't know where to get em.

I'm running Windows 7 on an HP DC7100 Convertible Minitower.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (403 Views)

Re: HP DC7100 Wireless help

[ Edited ]

Hi:

It must be an add on PCI wireless card because the dc7100 did not come with a factory wireless adapter.

Do you see the missing device in the device manager at all (as an ethenet controller)?

If so, please click on the device in the device manager, click on the details tab. In the properties window, drop down to the second item on the list (Hardware ID's). Post the string of characters you see and we should be able to identify the device and send you a link to the drivers.

If nothing at all is showing up (you have no missing devices), I would say the card is not working.

Do you have an add-on PCIe graphics adapter that is W 7 capable?  The dc7100's onboard graphics adapter (GMA900) is not Windows 7 capable--meaning you have no Aero effects.

If you don't have Aero and would like a recommendation for a good cheap video card that is Windows 7 capable and will run just fine in your dc7100 CMT, please let me know.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation