Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Dreamscreen 400 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Am having 12 Nos. of HP Dreamscreen 400 All-in-One Desktop PCs, on that, two numbers of PCs got same problem, Error:CPU Fan can not be detected!

Please verify to make sure fan cable is plug in correctly.

The system will shut down to prevent any potential damage to the system.

And, I called toll free number, they advised me to take to service center.

But, problem not solved there, CPU fan is not available with them and not available with none of their supplie.

What should I Do to get the CPU fan?

The whole system is useless without this simple problem non-availabiltiy of hardware that too CPU Fan!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please post the HP product number for your PC. How to Find the HP Model Number and the HP Product Number or let HP automatically find your PC model number and HP network attached printers. This will allow others to review your issue, make suggestions and review your responses. This is usually the best way to get assistance.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi,

My PCs Product Number : BU178AA#ACJ & Serial Number : 5CC05201LE for the Model : HP Dreamscreen 400 is the details available with PCs label.

Prem

HP Recommended

Hi,

The product number that you posted may be valid but I can't locate your device on the support servers.

I'll ask HP to review your issue.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi @macmonetcastle  ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message after the weekend from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details)

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I too having the same problem. Only answer to the problem is to replace the cpu fan with exact same votlage and design. Unfortunately I dont have the exact voltage of the cpu blower fan. Could u please  convey the information on the  sticker

of the cpu fan... please it is urgent.

HP Recommended

Hi Akshay,

I'm not an techy to open the PC. I handover the PC to HP Service they serviced now its working fine, I suggest to do the same. Just handover the PC to the Authorised HP Service they will solve the problem. I did the same for 3nos. of PCs.

Prem

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply . But I just want the voltage. I can do the remaining stuff.

HP Recommended

it is of 12 Volts==2.04W, can anyone help me by letting me know the place from where i can buy this fan?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Its futile to even try for this fan, cause after extensive search over 60 days , i have not found the replacement for the fan. For last i been to hp service center, they are also helpless with regards to the replacement fan availability. I believe, though a nice unit from HP, they have discontinued the support for the product vis 30th april '14, also since the pre-installed OS applications have no longer subscriptions support. Its time to dump the unit.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.