Question

Honor Student
MerryMarjie
Message 1 of 4 (228 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Envy Phoenix front 4 USB connections

I hate to sound dumb but I just got my new Envy Phoenix fully loaded, and it's supposed to have a 15-in-1 memory card reader and 4 USB connections on the front panel. All I can see i one Multimedia Blu-Ray optical drive. Is there a panel I'm not seeing? The long panel in front (where it says ENVY) is not openable.

Please help, I think I"m missing something! There ARE two USB ports on top but none of the others are present in the front or sides.

Professor
jaco1x4
Message 2 of 4 (217 Views)

Re: HP Envy Phoenix front 4 USB connections

Hi,

Look immediately below the expansion bay about one third of the way down the front Bezel. There should be a panel with a lip, I have a red illuminated light immediately above the lip on my case. Grasp the lip and slid the panel down. The card reader and USB ports are behind the sliding panel.

Jaco

Honor Student
MerryMarjie
Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

THANK YOU!! I was so afraid I'd have to bundle this up and send it back! I checked the manual (four times) and it never mentioned the sliding panel.

Ah, and to think I thought I was tech-oriented!

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Marjie

Professor
jaco1x4
Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)

You're welcome.

Happy to have helped. Enjoy your new system!

Jaco

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation