Question

Honor Student
Victor123
Message 1 of 4 (151 Views)

HP Envy Spectre XT Ultrabook PC - a warped screen and problem with touchpad

Hi,

I got two major problems. The first one is that my screen seems to have becomed warped without any reasons. I've never dropped it, opened it wrongly or anything. Anyhow, it's warped and all I can see is that it seems to be a problem with the left hinge. It is out of it's position a tiny bit.

The second problem is my touchpad. The pointer is jumping around like crazy when I use the touchpad, it is zooming in etc. But the funny thing is. When I rest my hand or even my fingertop below, beside or above the keyboard it works all fine. I have no idea how.

I am out of warranty since six mounths, I've tried to talk to HP on the phone and they referred me to an email address about reclaims. That was a week ago and still no answer.

What shall I do?

Honor Student
GailChiarello
Message 2 of 4 (88 Views)

Re: HP Envy Spectre XT Ultrabook PC - a warped screen and problem with touchpad

Hi:  I've got the identical same problem with the warped screen and the left-hand hinge.  I bought the HP Envy Spectre XT Ultrabook at the end of October 2012, so mine too is just six months out of warranty.   I thought I was buying a quality laptop, but apparently not.

Honor Student
Victor123
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)

I spoke to HP Store in Sweden about a month ago. They said I had a warranty for 2 years (how couldn't I find that in either the receipt or at their website??). Anyhow I just got my computer back today, with a new screen: Supersweet!

The only problem is that the left hinge is still (!) out of its position so I will problably experience the same problem in a year or two.

Hope you'll find a solution. What I've seen the hinge problem seem to be a recurring one but HP in Sweden never heard of it before...

Honor Student
GailChiarello
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)

Do you live in Sweden?

I'll try your suggestion to call HP.  I thought my warranty was only for one year because I didn't buy their extended protection.  But I live in the USA.  ALso, I'm not a student.  I see you've been upgraded to an "Honor Student."  Congratulations.  I am merely a writer & a political activist.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation