Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I have downloaded the sp55444.exe file several times (just in case it was corrupt) and it extracts the following two files without any issue.  GH60L_RD05.exe & sp55444.cva.  The cva file open in notepad and is a text file explaining about the update.  Unfortunately the exe file will not run whatever I do.  I have tried various Windows operating systems, both x64 & x86.  Tried installing Windows 7 x64 clean, with nothing else installed and the file still will not run.  Even tried various VMs, but to no avail.

Either there is something I am missing, or this file is corrupt.  Here is a link to download the SoftPaq (which extracts fine) ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55444.exe.  It is the GH60L_RD05.exe that will not run whatever I try.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorted the issue, it runs silently!  How annoying is that!  Normally fireware updates produce a GUI and you click OK.  A few seconds go by and UPDATE FINISHED appears, usually followed by PLEASE REBOOT FOR THIS UPDATE TO COMPLETE.  Not this one, you run the file and nothing seems to happen.

At least somebody else might find this post useful.

Cheers

Frank

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorted the issue, it runs silently!  How annoying is that!  Normally fireware updates produce a GUI and you click OK.  A few seconds go by and UPDATE FINISHED appears, usually followed by PLEASE REBOOT FOR THIS UPDATE TO COMPLETE.  Not this one, you run the file and nothing seems to happen.

At least somebody else might find this post useful.

Cheers

Frank

HP Recommended

Indeed! I can confirm that this is the case. I've installed hundreds of HP updates over the years, and this is the only one I can recall that has no dialog box or message of any kind after it's been executed.

Check your drive's firmware before, and then after, and you'll see it's been updated.

To do that, double-click the DVD drive in Device Manager, and on the Details tab select Hardware Ids from the Property drop-down menu.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.