Question

Master's Graduate
Message 1 of 4 (6,877 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP H8-1160T desktop how to turn off wireless?

My pc came with built in wireless for the internet. Since I have it plugged in. I do not need the wireless portion atm. How do I turn it off?

Accepted Solution

Re: HP H8-1160T desktop how to turn off wireless?

It is safe to disable it. Don't forget about it later on Smiley Wink it is also fine left as is.

regards,
erico

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (6,844 Views)

Welcome to the HP Forum! Smiley Happy

FattysGoneWild wrote:

My pc came with built in wireless for the internet. Since I have it plugged in. I do not need the wireless portion atm. How do I turn it off?

If you have Windows 7 or Vista

disconnect.png

Kind regards,
erico

****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem or answers your question. Doing that will help others facing the same problem to find a solution easily when they search online ****

2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 4 (6,832 Views)

Thank you! I checked under the wireless tab and it says disconnected. So that is good. Is it safe to disable the wireless completely in device manager? Since I do not need it right now? Or should I just leave it alone....

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (6,818 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is safe to disable it. Don't forget about it later on Smiley Wink it is also fine left as is.

regards,
erico

****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem or answers your question. Doing that will help others facing the same problem to find a solution easily when they search online ****

2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation