HP Pavilion M7000 SATA driver for Windows XP installation (4830 Views)
Student
eefie
Message 1 of 4 (4,830 Views)

HP Pavilion M7000 SATA driver for Windows XP installation

Hello,

I can't find the HP Pavilion M7000 SATA driver.

I need it for Windows XP installation.

grtz eefie

Distinguished Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 4 (4,818 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion M7000 SATA driver for Windows XP installation

Could there be more to the model number?  That model number is too general for any help on drivers.  Put the actual model number into the "Support&Drivers" tab in the black area of the HP support Forums, above and find the motherboard name and type.  If you still need further help, come back with that information also, be glad to help you find what is needed.
{---------- Please click the "White Kudos" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Student
haggishunter
Message 3 of 4 (4,543 Views)

Hi - i have the exact same problem and its been driving me crazy for 3 weeks now. I have the same model - the m7000 Media Centre version of the Pavilion. If i search the HP site the nearest i get is an m7000kr then it jumps to a 7041 and keeps going up. It has a sticker on it which identifies it as an HP Media Centre m7000 . If i also search on the part number and serial number, it comes up blank.

I have lost the drivers CD that came with the PC and booting from any Windows XP CD cannot find the hard drives. I had to create a custom WinXP disk from NLite and RVM integrator and add in driver packs which worked but it means i cannot run a normal repair from the WinXP CD and have to completely reinstall Windows if it ever breaks.

For some reason my F10 recovery doesnt work either. Its a real pain if it breaks (which it has done twice now). This time i've rebuilt using a new SATA drive and a custom NLite XP CD and added the old drive as a seconday to get my data off it. Can i recreate the F10 partition?? Do i need the CD?? Can i download an iso of the CD that came with the computer?

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
TheOldMan
Message 4 of 4 (4,538 Views)

To my knowledge the HP's from the vintage your are asking about, did not come with a driver CD.  That might explain why it is "lost".  If the version of Windows is just XP and not Media Center, then the SATA drivers will be needed either for a nLite custom or on a floppy for the F6 feature.  If the Recovery set is ordered from HP, then everything will be good and the driver is not needed AND they should recreate the Recovery Partition, also.

So, to answer the question on drivers, one needs to know the Motherboard make and model number etc to find them. If you are against taking the side off the case and reading the info from the motherboard, then download CPUZ to find the motherboard and chipset info, so the drivers can be located.

See here: http://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

Come back if more help is needed.

{---------- Please click the "White Kudos" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation