Question

Honor Student
Cadman58
Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)

HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7640n with A8M2N-LA (NodusM3) motherboard stopped working

[ Edited ]

I have the above HP computer from several years ago and it worked great until I tried to upgrade to VIsta from Windows XP.  The upgrade did not work soI stopped trying and had XP working great on it. 

Suddenly, it started freezing up and shutting down on it's own out of the blue.  I was trying to troubleshoot what was going on, but was never successful and finally it stopped starting at all.

I do get a green power light on the power supply, but nothing else, no monitor, no beeps, nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what happened?  I was going to try to replace the motherboard, but don't want to spend the money if it won't do anything for me.  I have an old Sony DV Camcorder that I filmed my kids sports games on that I used the above computer to transfer the DV Tapes to and have not been able to do so since it stopped working. I loved this computer and really want to get it up and running again. 

Please, Please Help me...

Any help on where to start or what I should do would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Cadman58

Lost in Iowa!!!

Honor Student
Cadman58
Message 2 of 2 (189 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7640n with A8M2N-LA (NodusM3) motherboard stopped working

Is it possible to reflash the Bios if I use the 3.11 instead of the 3.0?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation