Question

Student
ck12111
Message 1 of 2 (73 Views)

HP Pavilion P6-2371EA won't boot

I wonder if you could help me with an issue that I am having with a HP P6-2371EA desktop PC. When I press the on button the power light flashes orange for a second and all of the fans switches on temporarily for a second and then everything switches off, it won't boot at all. There is a solid green light on the rear of the PC next to the PSU. I only once managed to get the PC staying on for a few minutes with the fans running but even then there was no output onto the monitor and no lights flashing on the PC.<br><br>I have tried a few things including clearing CMOS and taking out RAM and the Cpu and putting them back in again with no joy and looking on the Internet doesn't seem to be very helpful either.<br><br>I wondered if anyone had any other suggestions?
Associate Professor
Karthik
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion P6-2371EA won't boot

Check for hardware functionality:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03463381

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation