Question

Honor Student
zMikeYoung
Message 1 of 3 (892 Views)

HP Pavilion s3620f won't boot

I have an HP Pavilion s3620f (part number FK785AAR) that will not boot. When I turn it on, the power light turns on, I hear the fan run, and the LED light on the power supply lights up. However, there is no video signal and the keyboard does not light up the way it usually does.

I never see the HP splash screen, or any Windows messages. The red light on the mouse lights up, and I think I can ping its network address, although I am not 100% sure that I'm pinging the right address.

I went through the basic troubleshooting on HP Support, but I'm not sure how to tell of the problem is a bad CPU, system board, etc.

This PC has been trouble-free over the 18 months or so I've had it, and generally runs very fast. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot further would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 3 (889 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion s3620f won't boot

[ Edited ]

Unplug the PC and open it up.  Clean out all the dust. Now carefully remove and replace all cables going to the motherboard.  Do the same for the memory dimms and the video card if your have one installed.  Now plug the PC back in and give it go.

It's not a good sign if you can't get the HP blue screen to appear.   It may be time for the local PC repair shop if your PC is not under warranty.  If your PC is still under warranty then contact HP Support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
zMikeYoung
Message 3 of 3 (849 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion s3620f won't boot

I just heard from a PC technician that the system board needs to be replaced. Frustrating since the computer isn't that old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation