Question

Honor Student
a1610n
Message 1 of 6 (2,864 Views)

HP Pavillion A1610n Memory Upgrade Problems

Ok, here is my problem:

I own an HP a1610n and recently purchased four 1 gig strips of PNY DDR2 PC2-5300 memory to fill the four available memory slots in my motherboard (I removed the old two 512mb chips).  When I turned on the computer, windows refused to boot up at all and asked if I wanted to go into safe mode, which it would not even enter.  I think I may need to change something in my bios with the memory config., but I am not that clever and do not know how. I am running Windows Media Center XP and know that I can only run 3.5 gig since it is a 32-bit operating system. 

Any ideas???

Teacher
Chandu
Message 2 of 6 (2,857 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion A1610n Memory Upgrade Problems

Hi,

As I see that the memory that you have pruchased it definitely compatible with the system board.

Below is the specification of the memory that can be purchased to upgrade the maximum memory that can be installed on your computer.

The motherboard has **bleep** the voltage at which the memory that you have purchased operate as sometimes the system board takes up memory of 1.8v only.

Chandu
+Hp Everything is Possible.
Teacher
Chandu
Message 3 of 6 (2,856 Views)

Hi,

As I see that the memory that you have pruchased it definitely compatible with the system board.

Below is the specification of the memory that can be purchased to upgrade the maximum memory that can be installed on your computer.

The motherboard has **bleep** the voltage at which the memory that you have purchased operate as sometimes the system board takes up memory of 1.8v only.

Chandu
Teacher
Chandu
Message 4 of 6 (2,854 Views)

Chandu
Honor Student
a1610n
Message 5 of 6 (2,838 Views)

What I don't understand is that I have no problem when there are only two RAM chips inside, but when I put in four Windows won't start.

Master's Graduate
Bill_Hicks
Message 6 of 6 (2,788 Views)

Try reviewing all the info in this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph03886&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3239117&lang...

"A riot is the language of the unheard." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation