Question

Honor Student
BiosIsLife
Message 1 of 4 (128 Views)

HP Pavillion HPE was updated with wrong Bios, Now startsup with black screen

So I was trying to update my bios and I installed the wrong update, now when I start the computer it has 8 lights, 8 blinks indicating bios faliure. I now need to know what a solution would be to fix this?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (121 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion HPE was updated with wrong Bios, Now startsup with black screen

Hi,

We need to know what is the model of your HPE. Normally clear BIOS from motherboard will set it back to default.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
BiosIsLife
Message 3 of 4 (111 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion HPE was updated with wrong Bios, Now startsup with black screen

hp pavillion hpe h8 1120 is the specs, iv already removed the CMOS battery and iv use the jumper cables.

Honor Student
BiosIsLife
Message 4 of 4 (85 Views)

bump, wondering if I need a new motherboard or what, because I cant acces the bios screen and resetting it dosnt work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation