Question

Student
JuanTorres
Message 1 of 1 (264 Views)

HP Pavlion Elite HPE 410y not recognizing monitor, mouse and keyboard

hello,

i have been experiencing a problem with my hp computer. when i turn on my computer the monitor doesnt respond, and the keyboard and mouse do not turn on

both the keyboard and mouse are plugged in by usb and the monitor is plugged in by dvi. i also tried connecting the monitor by hdmi but it still wouldnt work.

im running windows 7 home premium 64bit.

background info: 
about 3 weeks ago i was experiencing the same problem which had never happened before. (computer worked fine for 3 months) then i started getting blue screens and finally my computer couldnt boot because it was not able to find 1 boot file. i had system restored 3 times before the final error popped up.

i went to best buy to see if they could help me but since the computer was less than a year old, they had to send it to hp. after about 2 weeks i got it back (yesterday) and they had replaced the motherboard and the cpu.
 everything worked fine.
 i used the computer for about 4 hours and then my keyboard and mouse shut off, along with my monitor cycling through analog, digital and hdmi and after a while just going to sleep because it couldnt find anything. 
i dont know whats wrong and as i said earlier when i turn on my computer the monitor, mouse and keyboard do not work/do not respond to the computer turning on.

sorry for the bad formatting, writing this on a phone, thanks!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation