Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We own an HP ProLiant ML110 server and unfortunetly it was off long enough time for the motherboard battery to die and the BIOS to reset. I am now trying to use the server again but it seems a specific configuration in the BIOS has been altered after reset and the FastTrak Sata controller doesn't work.

Specifically I get the following message:

"Warning - FastTrak does not detect proper interrupts, Please check your Hardware and PCI IRQ setup, and make sure the PCI slot support Bus Master operations"

I went through the BIOS and check the PCI Bus Master support and it was enabled for all slots. I even tried disabling it for all the others and leave only the FastTrak's slot enabled and even changed the slot physically.

I have to note that I have no other PCI cards installed on the server.

Please let me know if there is a specific BIOS configuration I need to tune, IRQ's etc, for the FastTrak controller to work or if you believe the problem is somewhere else.

Thank you,

Marios

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
I forgot to mention that it's an old ML110, here is the product link on HP website:
https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/05/344268-421.htm
HP Recommended

HI

were your HDD is set as first boot deivce?

check it and post result..

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
HP Recommended

Yes I have the FTS150 SX4 Ary X as the first boot device which is the SATA controller

I forgot to mentioned that I can't get to motherboard's BIOS because the FastTrak halts after the error message. In order to get into the BIOS I take out the drives and then it lets me get into the BIOS. 

HP Recommended

Ok

do one thing..

first rest your bios via motherboard jumper..

and in after reboot make them default.. and then check..

post result..

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
HP Recommended
OK I will try. But it's the BIOS reset that got me here because of the battery. Is it the jumper reset any different from that?
HP Recommended

hi

yes it would help some of..

post result..

HP Recommended

There is no JCOMS jumper on this motherboard so I removed the battery for some minutes and the BIOS was reset (I could tell because the time was also reset to 00:00:xx, xx = few seconds after reboot).

There problem has not been resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question in the HP Business Support Forum -- ML Servers section.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.UkBIGZAo69I

HP Recommended

Thank Provost, I will

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.