Question

Honor Student
old_doc
Message 1 of 3 (2,455 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Workstation xw6200 - Cannot get to BIOS setup screen with F10

HP Workstation xw6200 - Cannot get to BIOS setup screen  with language question with F10.  Due to a mental lapse I enabled the SATA RAID Option ROM.   System fails to boot on C drive. Turns out the system has an Adaptec 1420SA SATA HostRaid card with three drives. I can now see the three drives during boot after I enable show drives in the Adaptec utility. Two of the drives are configured in RAID 1 as Boot on C: drive.  Could not see the third drive in Windows Explorer, only C: drive.

On boot pressing F10 I only have three options:

1.  Ethernet Boot Agent <Ctrl-S>

2.  Adaptec RAID Configuration Utility <Ctrl-A>

3.  Intel RAID for Serial ATA <Ctrl-I>

My question is "How do I get back into the BIOS to get to the Advanced tab to disable the SATA RAID Option ROM?"

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 3 (2,432 Views)

Re: HP Workstation xw6200 - Cannot get to BIOS setup screen with F10

[ Edited ]

This article is similar to your problem.  I would try clearing the CMOS.  If you open up your PC you should find a jumper to move that will set your CMOS back to the defaults.  When you move the jumper, leave it in place for a minute then move it back.  If you can't find the jumper then try removing the CMOS battery for a minute then replace it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
old_doc
Message 3 of 3 (2,422 Views)

Re: HP Workstation xw6200 - Cannot get to BIOS setup screen with F10

Thanks Big_Dave.

On the HP xw6200 workstation there is a clear CMOS button on the lower right corner of the motherboard just to the left of the IDE controller cable ports.  Cleared the CMOS, replaced cover, replaced electrical plug and booted system.  System reregistered the memory, press F1 to save new configuration. System rebooted and the HP BIOS splash screen appeared and the system booted into Windows XP. Problem solved.

Thanks to all who viewed the posting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation