Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've thought that too. If the I/O boards like the side USBs etc have the same connector to the mobo as the Z1, then it probably will be compatiable.

The only benefit of the G2 is Haswell which is only about 2% better than Ivy Bridge in real world use. It's good that HP has made the G2 but I'll probably wait until the G3 to update.

HP Recommended

All,

I have a 780m installed in my system with no overheating. Depending on which system you have as far as the Z1 goes, you need to make sure you have the most updated driver and a certain file that goes into the display driver folder in your Nvidia folder. I bought my 780m from Eurocom (im not trying to sell the company or its product) and after some tech support, i am playing microsoft flight sim X on maximum settings and i tell you, its better than HD in my opinion. I have a 770m handy here that i might sell once i see that everything in the next few days are going smoothly. Id like to again thank those who helped me out when i needed answers and so i am here to say to the Z1 nation, it can be done!!!!

HP Recommended

Glad it all worked out. What FPS are getting on some games?

HP Recommended
Honestly, i am not too sure about how many because i didn't uae it too much yesterday after installing it. How do you find the FPS? Im not very pc savy. Thanks
HP Recommended

FRAPS is a way of measuring FPS.

HP Recommended

For all who used the 1000m heatsink to upgrade:  Was there a copper shim in the middle of your heatsink? 

There is on the one I'm looking at and it is smaller than the gpu that I am trying to install.  Any tips on how to proceed? 

Also, How thick did you go on the thermal pad over the memory modules?  I'm thinking I will have to get more as there isa lot more memory on the card I'm installing.  I could stretch the pads that are there, but I don't think that is ideal.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

What is the 1000M heatsink? HP oinly offer two heastsink modules and both are identical.

You will need to attach photos. The metal plate with the X on it IS smaller than the GPU. Only the die area is coverered by it. WHich card do you plan to put in the Z1?

I went for 1.5mm pads. Seems fine to me. You could go for 2mm. They do compress down a bit.

HP Recommended

Picked up a k4000m card only.

1400204402353.jpg

HP Recommended

The image is not there... Just a warning symbol-type thingy.

The K4000M with 4GB memory? This will be fine. The metal bracket with the raised square/X shape on it is to hold the card into the holder and spread heat form the die.

Just follow the directions on the HP video section + watch a YouTube video on say the 780M. The steps for the thermal pads are pretty much the same.

HP Recommended

duplicate post....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.