Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah, I think you can squeeze quite a bit out of Quadro cards.

I'm not if the Z1 has mSata support on the mPCIe slots. The Z2 has it listed so you'd think if the Z1 supported it, it would be listed in the specs.

That may be a bit of a trial and error sort of thing.

The Z1 is a really neat machine isn't it mbonus?

HP Recommended
It is a nice machine for sure. Plus I got a great price through the HP outlet. I am still just getting it setup. Added 16gb of mem and I just got the dual 2.5 drive tray so now I'll be good to go.

HP Recommended

@RogerWilco wrote:

Yeah, I think you can squeeze quite a bit out of Quadro cards.

What are some stable Base Clock offests / Memory Clock Offests you have tried?

HP Recommended
Since the HP Z1 G2 has come out, how does that affect the upgrades for the first geners? There is no more upgrade sites on hp for the first gen.
HP Recommended

@ChelseaMan

It doesn't... The G2 is more expensive and not out in all markets (Australia for example). Apart from Haswell, which in itself it next to useless on a hole, the Z2 doesn't offer much more than the Z1.

As for upgrades, the HP Parts Store does still stock most Z1 parts and the Z2 replacement parts are compatiable (circuit boards not tested), such as the heatsinks, screen, USB I/O board, caddy, speakers and most other parts.

Taking the MXM heatsink module for example, all that HP seems to have done is change the product code.

@mBonus

I don't have the K4000M but you can always try with nvidiainspector programme. The K4000M is in the same Kepler family as the 770M so you could try a clock of +135MHz and memory +500MHz. Or start lower and go up from there.

HP Recommended
Ok so can i go to the drivers page for G2 and use it for Z1? As far as trying to upgrade, they took off all the Z1 and put on the Z2
HP Recommended

I don't see why not. HP doesn't make a lot of the hardware that drivers use. Nearly all are for the chips they use (such as JMicron and Intel storage stuff) which can always be downloaded from Windows Update.

HP still though update Z1 drivers page. I have a fresh install of 8.1. I haven't acutally downlaoded any drivers from HP, just got them all through Windows Update.

HP Recommended
Tried downloading a driver for my bios using the G2 drivers on HP and it said on pre install, only for G2 use.
HP Recommended

Ahh, okay. You can always try Univeral Extractor and extract the files out of the EXE installer.

HP still does BIOS updates for the Z1 so you shouldn't need to download those.

HP Recommended

@Chelseaman08 wrote:
Tried downloading a driver for my bios using the G2 drivers on HP and it said on pre install, only for G2 use.

I don't have any problem accessing the Z1 Support Portal with Gen 1 specific drivers.  Try this link maybe?

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=5230512

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.