Question

Student
TEchstudent
Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

HP cpu Wont connect to my monitor.

Alrighty so for awhile now My Hp cpu wont connect to any monitor, I've used HDMI,VGA,DVI and the monitor only says "Monitor Going to Sleep"

Ive tried to restart it by unplugging and holding down the power button, getting a new cable,I listen in for any beeps from the cpu but nothin the fans are working good. I need to get alot of personnal files,family pictures, and Web Projects out of it. I've checked for anything inside to be loose, everything seems to be in place and finely put. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: HP cpu Wont connect to my monitor.

It could be that the video card has failed or if it is using onboard graphics and they have failed.  If you do not wish to  spend any funds to solve the problem, one can remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer to retrieve the files needed. 

If help is needed to try to solve the monitor problem, a model number for the PC is needed.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation