HP p7-1154 PC (199 Views)
Honor Student
kychandler
Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP p7-1154 PC

I am just wondering if i get a new cpu and motherboard for this pc if it will affect anything. I have a new case already that it will fit into but I am planning on rebuilding the whole pc exept for the hardrive so that I dont have to purchase windows 7 again. Will the pre-built HP apps into the computer affect the new components?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: HP p7-1154 PC

Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. The current Windows installation is licensed to the original HP OEM motherboard. It is against the terms set forth by Microsoft to use the OS with any motherboard except the same model as the original. Additionally, a new motherboard will render the current Windows installation "non-Genuine", because it is pre-activated using the OEM motherboard's BIOS.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Provost
banhien
Message 3 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: HP p7-1154 PC

Hi,

Well, this looks like you are building a new machine. Why not keep the existing one as a second machine or give it to charity or sell it. You may not get anything out from the old machine depending on how do you want your new product. Again, dependng on the final product, the HDD can be useless interms of software.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation