Question

Honor Student
jorginio
Message 1 of 3 (2,824 Views)

HP wireless keyboard windows 7 driver

Hello everyone,

i apologise if the thread i'm openong has been answered but i haven't seen it in da forums.

Anyway i have a 5189URF (k) wireless keybord and the volume extra buttons are not adjusting the volume.

I can see the volume display on my screen but it moves just 1 line up or down.Plus it doesn't mute the sound.

I think there is no driver comp with windows 7 and it's using a legacy 2006 driver.

I've tried a trick i found online which installed the vista driver by fooling the system.But it didn't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.:smileyhappy:

Thanx

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (2,803 Views)

Re: HP wireless keyboard windows 7 driver

Hi,

jorginio wrote:

Hello everyone,

i apologise if the thread i'm openong has been answered but i haven't seen it in da forums.

Anyway i have a 5189URF (k) wireless keybord and the volume extra buttons are not adjusting the volume.

I can see the volume display on my screen but it moves just 1 line up or down.Plus it doesn't mute the sound.

I think there is no driver comp with windows 7 and it's using a legacy 2006 driver.

I've tried a trick i found online which installed the vista driver by fooling the system.But it didn't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.:smileyhappy:

Thanx

what is the identifying information on your HP Desktop PC?

That would help us see if there is a driver available.

regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
jorginio
Message 3 of 3 (2,798 Views)

Re: HP wireless keyboard windows 7 driver

Hello and thanx for your reply.

It's a Pavilion  a6430.uk desktop.I've checked the HP website for drivers and there aren't any for Windows 7.

So i reckon there won't be any.....

The rest of the extra keys are working....just the volume & mute ones don't.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation