Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,905 Views)

HP wireless keyboard windows 7 driver

Hello everyone,

i apologise if the thread i'm openong has been answered but i haven't seen it in da forums.

Anyway i have a 5189URF (k) wireless keybord and the volume extra buttons are not adjusting the volume.

I can see the volume display on my screen but it moves just 1 line up or down.Plus it doesn't mute the sound.

I think there is no driver comp with windows 7 and it's using a legacy 2006 driver.

I've tried a trick i found online which installed the vista driver by fooling the system.But it didn't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.Smiley Happy

Thanx

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (2,884 Views)

Re: HP wireless keyboard windows 7 driver

Hi,

jorginio wrote:

Hello everyone,

i apologise if the thread i'm openong has been answered but i haven't seen it in da forums.

Anyway i have a 5189URF (k) wireless keybord and the volume extra buttons are not adjusting the volume.

I can see the volume display on my screen but it moves just 1 line up or down.Plus it doesn't mute the sound.

I think there is no driver comp with windows 7 and it's using a legacy 2006 driver.

I've tried a trick i found online which installed the vista driver by fooling the system.But it didn't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.Smiley Happy

Thanx

what is the identifying information on your HP Desktop PC?

That would help us see if there is a driver available.

regards,
erico

****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem or answers your question. Doing that will help others facing the same problem to find a solution easily, just because you shared it. ****

2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,879 Views)

Re: HP wireless keyboard windows 7 driver

Hello and thanx for your reply.

It's a Pavilion  a6430.uk desktop.I've checked the HP website for drivers and there aren't any for Windows 7.

So i reckon there won't be any.....

The rest of the extra keys are working....just the volume & mute ones don't.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation