Question

Honor Student
Lonewolf_8417
Message 1 of 7 (27,619 Views)

Having issues with your Card Readers in Windows 7 not working? Here's resolution!

You do not need drivers for the card reader. There are NO Windows 7 drivers.

(1.) Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.

(2.) Click on the Administrative Tools a window will open.

(3.) In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management

(4.)  When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage

(5.) This is where you will see Drives listed. The Card Reader will be listed as 1-4. Just right click & assign Drive Letter.

Right click on each of the drives 1-4 and assign a Drive Letter. Now place your SD card in the correct slot and an a pop up for auto play will show. Now you reader works and will also show when you open COMPUTER it will show them as removable drives with proper drive letters. It took me several days to figure out after no help from HP or internet search. So when found the drives listed I just right clicked saw assign drive and it worked. Hope a lot of people searching on internet find this reply so that it will help them get there card reader working again under Windows 7 because even there tech's don't have an answer. Well good luck because this will work!!!

owj Student
Student
owj
Message 2 of 7 (27,471 Views)

Re: Having issues with your Card Readers in Windows 7 not working? Here's resolution!

I followed the steps but did not see drive 1, 2, 3, 4.  I see C; J:smileysad:backup drive, D: CD/DVD.  I'm still not able to get the card reader to recognize an inserted card.

Student
eye_scene_it
Message 3 of 7 (24,554 Views)

Re: Having issues with your Card Readers in Windows 7 not working? Here's resolution!

click on start proceed to click on control panel , then click on system and security once you click on that look for system under system click on device manager, once in device manager click on disck drive you should see generic multi-card usb device... once you click on that click driver then disable it and re-enable it.. the drive should then be recognizable.

Student
vinodpillai
Message 4 of 7 (16,422 Views)

my card reader in windows 7 not working

Honor Student
J2F2
Message 5 of 7 (13,384 Views)

Did EXACTLY as you instructed.  Only things listed under disk management is C drive & DVD drive (D).  Absolutely nothing else

Honor Student
J2F2
Message 6 of 7 (13,383 Views)

No drives listed

Student
Madass10
Message 7 of 7 (2,564 Views)

owj wrote:

I followed the steps but did not see drive 1, 2, 3, 4.  I see C; J:smileysad:backup drive, D: CD/DVD.  I'm still not able to get the card reader to recognize an inserted card.

HP notebook 10''

I'm having trouble with my card reader. I been thro steps mentioned in HP forum but only C:drive is listed .

I had a problem with the hard drive earlier this year had to reinstall windows 7home premium from a disc unable to activate system restore.

Ian Barrow

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation