Question
Help Please: Personal Media Drive Installation
Replies (38)

Grad Student
sclui56
Message 31 of 39 (638 Views)

Re: Help Please: Personal Media Drive Installation

[ Edited ]

Glad it worked out for you Pokerfish , I have seen disconnected USB/pwer plugs many times.

Grad Student
sclui56
Message 32 of 39 (635 Views)

Leslie,

Thanks for the update, plenty of Murphy's going around :smileywink:

Top Student
Pokerfish
Message 33 of 39 (624 Views)

Thanks sclui56.  Your PMD-bay-specific troubleshooting steps along with the other posts on this thread inspired me to check the connections.  I feared the worst before I did: bad PMD, bad bay connectors, driver incompatibility, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Student
ITPuzzle
Message 34 of 39 (371 Views)

Help Please: Personal Media Drive connection to mother board

Hi:

I know that some of you have beaten this horse to death. I have read every post search every diagram for the mother board for a Pavilion m7060n and every body agrees that at the bottom of the board by the right side there are 4 usb connectors. Unfortunately all of them are been used. I have worked on this for 3 days no luck. I do need help and maybe a picture as to where to connect may be very helpful. I know the answer is simple but it has elude me.:smileysad:   

Tutor
flyingjewel
Message 35 of 39 (225 Views)

I have a HP personal media drive model #hd1600 and have forgotten how to hook it up to my old computer. (which I am using to try and get  a slide show from it.)  The pictures are on my media drive. Adobe Photoshop Elements catalog cannot find them without it. 

The computer is HP Media Center desktop Model # M7570N. The external drive has 2 cords one black and one white.  The black is a usb the white has a plug to stick into the hole on the media dri ve.  I have the black cord hook into a usb port on the computer, but I do not know where the white one hooks into the computer, if it does.  The personal media drive used to  be K:  Now when I click on that I get the message to insert a disk.

Help,

Bernice

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 36 of 39 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello flyingjewel,

This HP article shows you how to connect the drive to a computer with and without a drive bay.
http://goo.gl/aO0Fy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Tutor
flyingjewel
Message 37 of 39 (196 Views)

Thanks for the information. It turns out that my operating system is Windows 7 which is not compatible, apparently, with my media drive. If it isn't one thing, iy's another.
flyingjewel
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 38 of 39 (183 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello flyingjewel,

Can you tell me what's going on with it? I'm not understanding how it's not compatible with Windows 7. Personally I don't have the drive nor have I used it, but it should work I would think.

Take for instance this article which tells you how to Download, Install and Use the HP SureStore Software which is what is used on the Media drive.
http://goo.gl/hdEfC

System Requirements

You must have a Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP operating system.
You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.
You must have an HP Personal or Pocket Media Drive connected to the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 39 of 39 (161 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'd like to help you get your drive up and running with your computer since I can't see a reason it wouldn't work for you.

Was you able to find out exactly what is going on that is making it not work?

- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation