04-29-2009 06:24 AM
HP Pavilion t3529.uk Desktop PC
i upgraded my 3.06ghz chip with a
Pentium D 940 Dual Core 3.4GHz 800 FSB but it doesnt seem any faster is there something im doing wrong?
also i might but a 3.8ghz chip but im not sure weather it will fit its,
Intel Pentium 4 672 SL809 Costa Rica 3.8Ghz / 2M / 800 / 04A / 3535B983
Taken from a HP DC7600CMT With a Intel 945 Chipset (775)
Heres the specs for my board if that helps
- Motherboard manufacturer's name: ECS RC410-M
- HP/Compaq name: Asterope2-GL8E
- Socket: 775
- Supports the following processors:
- Pentium D 900 series Dual Core (Pressler, 65nm)
- Pentium D 800 series Dual Core (Smithfield, 90nm)
- Pentium 4 601 series (Cedar Mill, 65nm)
- Pentium 4 600 series (Prescott, 90nm)
- Pentium 4 500J and 501 series (Prescott, 90nm)
- Celeron D 352, 356 (Cedar Mill, 65nm)
- Celeron D 325J/326, 330J/331, 335J/336, 340J/341, 345J/346, 351, 355 (Prescott, 90nm)
- 800/533 MHz (processor dependent)
- Northbridge: ATI RC410
- Southbridge: ATI IXP450
can anyone help me?
04-29-2009 04:22 PM
You didn't say whether you are using the stock onboard video or not. Try a fast PCI-e video card with plenty of DDR3 (at least 512 MB). I recommend the ATI Radeon series. Not all of them will physically fit so ask about any particular gfx card here in your thread before you buy one. You will be pleased..
As far as the 3.8 Ghz processor goes, as long as it is a Pentium D Dualcore 900 series the HP specs say it is compatible. You will notice the difference with a 3.8 GHz CPU. You can compare your PC to others with a similar configuration using SiSoft Sandra or a benchmarking program.
Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer