How do i know if my computer has a bluetooth adapter? (1206 Views)
Honor Student
ST74AN
Message 1 of 4 (1,206 Views)

How do i know if my computer has a bluetooth adapter?

I am unsure if my computer has a built in adapter and i cannot find where it states if i do or not. I am currntly trying to use the bluetooth on my computer but am having problems with it and i cant quite figure out if im just doing it wrong or if my computer just isnt meant to do it. Please help.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,179 Views)

Re: How do i know if my computer has a bluetooth adapter?

Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

ST74AN wrote:

I am unsure if my computer has a built in adapter and i cannot find where it states if i do or not. I am currntly trying to use the bluetooth on my computer but am having problems with it and i cant quite figure out if im just doing it wrong or if my computer just isnt meant to do it. Please help.

Identify your desktop PC with the p/n found on either a sticker on the back or on the bottom of the HP Suport Assistant window.

If your desktop has the HP Support Assistant install then use the Discovery feature. It should give you information about the installed hardware features.

Desktop PCs do not generally come with a bluetooth transceiver installed. They normally require a dongle to be plugged into a USB port for bluetooth to operate.

Kind regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
ST74AN
Message 3 of 4 (1,175 Views)

Thank you so much now i know what i need to make tha blinkin thing work! 

Great Help.:smileyhappy:

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,163 Views)

My notebook bluetooth microsoft mouse has the dongle in a storage space on the bottom of the mouse for when it is not in  use. Various other bluetooth and wireless mice have a similar sort of storage setup.

Kind regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation