Question

Top Student
noclaim
Message 1 of 5 (3,178 Views)

How many watts is my power supply?

I have two HP Desktop computers. Is there any way to determine the specifications of the power supplies without pulling the power supply and opening the cage. I have searched the HP web site and cannot locate any information on the power supplies. The computers are a HP Media Center PC m7287c and a HP Pavilion a1125c.

Top Student
noclaim
Message 2 of 5 (3,177 Views)

Re: How many watts is my power supply?

This is my first post and I just noticed the box to check to receive an email when someone replies to my question. Thanks for your paitence.

Provost
old_geekster
Message 3 of 5 (3,170 Views)

[ Edited ]

Noclaim, I believe that it is either 250W or 300W.  You can check for certain by opening the case and reading the tag on it.

Here are the Product Specifications pages for your computer.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 4 of 5 (3,142 Views)

Thanks for the response. I had looked at the specifications on the HP web site and could not find any information on the power supplies. I was hoping someone had a better source for information.  This is a good argument for building a custom machine.

Top Student
noclaim
Message 5 of 5 (3,117 Views)

old_geekster,

I needed to know the answers before I planned any upgrades so I did wat I should have done in the beginning, take the side panels off and look inside. The HP Media Center PC m7287c actually has a 400 w. power supply but the HP Pavilion a1125c only has a 250 w. power supply. It appears that not much can be done with the a1125c except replace the HD with a larger one as I have already added a PCI GeForce FX-5200-128MB RAM to add a second monitor. Thanks for your response and help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation