Question

Teacher
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Hp 8000 woke up from Hibernate

My HP 8000 elite sff woke up from Hibernate with changes in settings.  

I am still learning this computer as i only installed it a few days ago, so it must require some tweaking.

See My Sgnature below for setup information. 

Went to bed after last night hibernating (hit sleep on my keyboard which is set to go into hibernate).

Woke up at 0600 to find the computer in a sleep mode, in that touching the keyboard it powered up.  

Prior to that I had noticed the external USB backups were operating: i could see the lights on.  

And upon turning on the monitors the computer desktop was completely rearranged.  And the screen saver was turned off.  I usually manually turn off monitors at night to eliminate the little power saver lights being on.

Please advise very specific power settings to remain in correectly hibernate.  I prefer hibernate to 'power off' since it takes less to start up at beginning of the day or occassionally during the day when i must go to a meeting or some such thing. 

Microsoft Surface Pro 3. 256GB hdd, 8GB RAM. WIN 8.1; Docking Station; 4TB WD My Cloud Mirror as Storage; HP LaserJet Pro M201, and HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 AIO
Teacher
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: Hp 8000 woke up from Hibernate

I will try this from the Windows 7 tutorial:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/819-hibernate-enable-disable.html

and report back next week.

RJL

Microsoft Surface Pro 3. 256GB hdd, 8GB RAM. WIN 8.1; Docking Station; 4TB WD My Cloud Mirror as Storage; HP LaserJet Pro M201, and HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 AIO
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation