Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am using the Hp Keyboard model KU-0316. In this board, the EURO symbol is given in the "Number 5" key. Now, my question is how to use this Euro symbol?

I tried using Shift + 5 , which gives "%".

I also tried the combos with Alt, shift & ctrl, etc... but in vain.

Kindly tell me how to get this Euro symbol.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Change the keyboard to English (United States International) and see if that works.  Also try the Alt+GR  and the Euro symbol if it is on your keyboard.

This the reason that a few of us have asked the Admin to consider including a country location tag. It is a bit hard to figure out where people are located unless it is stated.

I have no idea where you are located so I have no idea of which region specific model of HP desktop you own.

If all else fails there is always Alt + 0128. €. It works for me. I live in the Netherlands and have need of the Euro symbol.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Erico,

Thanks for your info. I am from India. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

With the English (US International ) keyboard installed it should be CTRL+ALT and then tap the 5 key to invoke the € symbol.

keyboard.JPG

Best regards,
erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HP Chromebook 14

Is there some keyboard / shift key combination that allows me to print a euro symbol on my Chromebook.

GB and shift-3 give me a £

A euro is something I just can't find.  I''ll use any keyboard, and any shift-key combinantion, that it takes to get this symbol.

But in the US, I just can't find one that works.

Any ideas would be welcome

Roger Lignugris

HP Recommended

Just bought the Chromebook 14 - and very pleased.

I have the same problem with the euro sign.

I have a danish keyboard and nothing seems to work.

Suggestions?

HP Recommended

There are a number of ways to print the €.  Since I'm in the US, for me the answer is to switch to the English-International keyboard, and use Alt-number key combinations.  I can get £ and ¥ symbols that way, too.

Experiment with Alt-number or the right-alt-number combinations.  One will give you what you want.  If not, use English-International temporarily.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.