Question

Honor Student
karthiky2k1
Message 1 of 5 (14,079 Views)

Hp Keyboard Euro Sign

I am using the Hp Keyboard model KU-0316. In this board, the EURO symbol is given in the "Number 5" key. Now, my question is how to use this Euro symbol?

I tried using Shift + 5 , which gives "%".

I also tried the combos with Alt, shift & ctrl, etc... but in vain.

Kindly tell me how to get this Euro symbol.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (14,075 Views)

Re: Hp Keyboard Euro Sign

Change the keyboard to English (United States International) and see if that works.  Also try the Alt+GR  and the Euro symbol if it is on your keyboard.

This the reason that a few of us have asked the Admin to consider including a country location tag. It is a bit hard to figure out where people are located unless it is stated.

I have no idea where you are located so I have no idea of which region specific model of HP desktop you own.

If all else fails there is always Alt + 0128. €. It works for me. I live in the Netherlands and have need of the Euro symbol.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
karthiky2k1
Message 3 of 5 (14,074 Views)

Dear Erico,

Thanks for your info. I am from India. 

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (14,067 Views)

Hi,

With the English (US International ) keyboard installed it should be CTRL+ALT and then tap the 5 key to invoke the € symbol.

keyboard.JPG

Best regards,
erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
rogerlig
Message 5 of 5 (704 Views)

HP Chromebook 14

Is there some keyboard / shift key combination that allows me to print a euro symbol on my Chromebook.

GB and shift-3 give me a £

A euro is something I just can't find.  I''ll use any keyboard, and any shift-key combinantion, that it takes to get this symbol.

But in the US, I just can't find one that works.

Any ideas would be welcome

Roger Lignugris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation