Question

Honor Student
karthiky2k1
Message 1 of 5 (14,343 Views)

Hp Keyboard Euro Sign

I am using the Hp Keyboard model KU-0316. In this board, the EURO symbol is given in the "Number 5" key. Now, my question is how to use this Euro symbol?

I tried using Shift + 5 , which gives "%".

I also tried the combos with Alt, shift & ctrl, etc... but in vain.

Kindly tell me how to get this Euro symbol.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (14,339 Views)

Re: Hp Keyboard Euro Sign

Change the keyboard to English (United States International) and see if that works.  Also try the Alt+GR  and the Euro symbol if it is on your keyboard.

This the reason that a few of us have asked the Admin to consider including a country location tag. It is a bit hard to figure out where people are located unless it is stated.

I have no idea where you are located so I have no idea of which region specific model of HP desktop you own.

If all else fails there is always Alt + 0128. €. It works for me. I live in the Netherlands and have need of the Euro symbol.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
karthiky2k1
Message 3 of 5 (14,338 Views)

Dear Erico,

Thanks for your info. I am from India. 

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (14,331 Views)

Hi,

With the English (US International ) keyboard installed it should be CTRL+ALT and then tap the 5 key to invoke the € symbol.

keyboard.JPG

Best regards,
erico 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
rogerlig
Message 5 of 5 (968 Views)

HP Chromebook 14

Is there some keyboard / shift key combination that allows me to print a euro symbol on my Chromebook.

GB and shift-3 give me a £

A euro is something I just can't find.  I''ll use any keyboard, and any shift-key combinantion, that it takes to get this symbol.

But in the US, I just can't find one that works.

Any ideas would be welcome

Roger Lignugris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation