Question

Honor Student
vcr2012
Message 1 of 2 (195 Views)

Humming GPU Fan in H8-1100z system

Hello

I've had my system for about a year now, and the GPU fan has started humming quite loud at all times, even when the PC is idle.I've done a little internal dusting, although I could've done a better job.Something I noticed is the fan stopped making noise after I stopped it momentarily with my finger (maybe not the wisest thing to do, I realize), however it has started making noise once more.

I'd like the fan to be quieter again, and since I use this PC for some strenuous gaming, I'm concerned about it failing. Should I try to do a more thorough cleaning, or even possibly lubricating it (if I can), or should I consider sending the PC in for repair? There was some dust in the fan "case" that I couldn't remove easily unless I removed the case from the card, and I didn't have a can of compressed air with a straw nozzle at the time, so it's possible there may be more in there.

System details:

HP H8-1100z

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 530

Honor Student
vcr2012
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: Humming GPU Fan in H8-1100z system

The problem has not improved after a more thorough cleaning. I have called HP support and discussed my problem with them, and they have offered to replace the card.

Please mark this topic as solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation