Question

Tutor
Clyatt
Message 1 of 2 (1,009 Views)

I can see my web cams picture, but those on line can't

[ Edited ]

I have a HP Pavilion a6152n PC purchased in Sept. 07, running 32 bit Vista

For a while my web cam worked fine, but now, while I can see the web cam, those on-line using such services any Skype and Yahoo. can NOT.

The audio continues work fine and CAN be heard by the other party ... the problem is with the video.

I even bought a new web cam thinking maybe it was a problem with the cam, but the same problem repeats on THREE different web cams, one microsoft and two Logitech, so if must be some kind of software(hardware) problem with the computer.

I am hoping it is an easy fix ... I just have no idea what it is, Please help!

Thanks so much and have a good day!

Message Edited by Clyatt on 06-01-2009 04:02 PM
Top Student
stubaz
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

I can't find it

I'm rather upset with HP I purchased a HP Touscmart IQ-528a less than 4 years ago. After 2 years the 500mb hard drive completely died. so Ibought another hard drive. This is where I relised what an absolutely dumb system HP has.

My only copy of Vista wasn't on a nice CD, it was on the hard drive, which I couldn't access. I made restore CDs the day after I bought the computer but when the HD died I popped in the restore disk and it was corrupt. A write error made the disk useless. Hardly my fault, The CD was brand new, so was the writer and they were stored in a proper case away from dust or heat.

This left me without a working computer and so I was forced to pay for the software I was supposed to get with my computer. $279.00 for a disk I could have picked up for half that in the city. I installed Vista, then it hit me. Wher is my HP touchsmart software? 

I contacted HP Australia and every time I somehow got transferred to HP USA. I requested the restore Disks and was told they weren't available the next try, I was given a link for it and it was for a printer. tried again and was told to contact HP Australia. I made certain I got the Australian office but got a reply email telling me I should go through the Australian Office. I was getting the USA again.

I made one last try and finally I thought I was getting somewhere when someone from HP said it was an old system but they might get lucky and find an old copy they could either send me or tell where to get a copy. I waited for word and was finally told to try Ebay.

Not good enough HP. To tell a customer their pervfectly good computer was too old, you may have a copy of the software lying around is pathetic. Obviously no thought of customer service. I am disabled and been in bed  for 14 years. My computer was only switched off whilst in hospital. Apart from the hard drive it was original and after 4 years of almost continual use I didn't want a new computer I just want  this computer with the orinal version. Sorry no more HP equipment for me. If a multi miliion dollar business keep one disk for each of it's versions. Charge a copying fee and keep customers happy.

I can't even use the version of Windows 7 I received with my computer, because I  to have my original Vista to install over Vista. A pathetic system all for the want of a 50 cent CD.

Thanks HP for less than nothing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation