Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello.  I am considering changing my computer case from the standard HP case to an Antec case.  My problem is that I do not know what pins do what functions.  For example, which pins go to the power button and hard drive light.  My computer's motherboard is an ASUS IPIBL-LB, also known as a Benicia-GL8E.  I was wondering if anyone had a spec sheet that showed what each port and pinset did.

I have googled this, and it turned up no helpful results.  I also went to ASUS's website and searched for the motherboard, but ASUS's search turned up no results.  I wanted to try here before I tried to contact ASUS.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is a link to the "Motherboard Specifiction" page for your computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01324212

Open the link and scroll down towards the bottom of the page.  There you will see a diagram of your motherboard; black and white and colored.  It shows all of the connections with labels.

What you can do is look for the smaller connectors.  These normally power the components that you mentioned.  Disconnect them to see what is not working.  When you know what it does, label it accordingly.  This will help when you reassemble your motherboard in the new case.

Newer PSU's come with all of the connectors labeled, which helps considerably.

I hope this helps.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Most Asus motherboard pin layouts are the same.

PIN SIGNAL DESCRIPTION
1 HD_LED_P Hard disk LED pull-up
2 FP PWR/SLP MSG LED pull-up
3 HD_LED_N Hard disk active LED
4 FP PWR/SLP MSG LED pull-up
5 RST_SW_N Reset Switch low reference pull-down to GND
6 PWR_SW_P Power Switch high reference pull-up
7 RST_SW_P Reset Switch high reference pull-up
8 PWR_SW_N Power Switch low reference pull-down to GND
9 NC No connection

10-0 0-9
 8-0 0-7
 6-0 0-5
 4-0 0-3
 2-0 0-1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.