Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello. I have a Desktop Hewlett Packard Pavillion Windows 8 PC which is two months old and was bought as brand new. The product code is: C3T79EA#ABU

I use it for many hours each day and at night have always left it in sleep mode and I've only had to restart it to complete Windows Updates. The most recent installed updates were for my AMD Raedon 7000 HD graphics.  

I went away for the weekend and shut it down completely but still left it plugged in. Since turning it back on yesterday, the overall system noise has increased which starts from the boot up and continues whilst Windows is running. It remains consistent at this new sound level - there are no sudden changes of sound and it doesn't sound as if the fans are struggling. It isn't a loud sound but before the system ran silently but now I'm aware of this increase. 

I have read some of the advice on here and attempted to look inside the case to inspect for dust but couldn't see any obvious signs. I used a hoover on all the fans to make sure and I've tried unplugging the fan connectors from the Motherboard and main power lead but to no avail.  I also installed a program called SpeedFan and it gave me a minus 128 degrees for one of the fan temperature readings - surely this confirms there is a issue?

I would appreciate any other suggestions because as I mentioned this has only happened after two days of non use when  the system is normally used every day for many hours. Many thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have managed to fix it. I loaded up BIOS and it immediately went back to being quiet and booted up accordingly. I now have my silent PC back. :generic:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have managed to fix it. I loaded up BIOS and it immediately went back to being quiet and booted up accordingly. I now have my silent PC back. :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi, I would appreciate the fix for this inquiry.  The link to the fix doesn't work.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.