Question

Honor Student
abraham05
Message 1 of 3 (1,300 Views)

Internal Hp Digital TV tuner for HP DV4-2160

[ Edited ]

I just bought an Hp DV4-2160, which doesn't come with the internal Digital TV tuner installed, and I want to add this feature to my new laptop, I been doing some research and haven't found the internal TV tuner to purchase and install it myself, do anyone knows where can I get the internal digital TV tuner for my computer?,

Thanks

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 3 (1,291 Views)

Re: Internal Hp Digital TV tuner for HP DV4-2160

Adding an internal anything is not usual with a laptop. Unless you known absolutely that an internal device is available, forget it.   There are very nice USB tuners available that will do an excellent job, however.

See here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/prods_hvr_external.html

The HVR-850 or the HVR-950 from Hauppauge, for instance.  Depending on what the expectations are or the source (Digital or Analog) will change which you choose.  Of course there are other brands available. 

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Student
SaintMatthew
Message 3 of 3 (1,153 Views)

Re: Internal Hp Digital TV tuner for HP DV4-2160

This response was not really a good help. does one exist and where can one get one?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation