HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-09-2011 08:33 PM
So i think i've tried about everything and my computer just doesn't seem to work anymore. Here is my desktop specs: http://whp-java.extweb.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?do
- When I boot up the machine I get to POST and sometimes I'm unable to do ANYTHING (i.e. F9 - diagnostics, F10 - setup, F11-system recovery).
- Sometimes I'm able to get through and setup about 25% of the time detects that I have my HDD detected but my DVD-RW is nearly always detected.
- I tried switching the SATA ports between the DVDRW and the HDD and the HDD still has issues getting recognized.
- I tried 3 different SATA HDD and none of them are even able to get past POST.
- I've reformatted the old HDD and tried to reinstall windows (after about 5 attempts). Sometimes it will take me all the way through Windows only to freeze and crash after I click the start menu.
- I've tried resetting CMOS and setting BIOS to default, i'm not sure what to do at this point.