Question

Student
Marshare
Message 1 of 2 (263 Views)

Just bought a HP Pavilion 500-023w Desktop PC and the media card reader is not responding. Help?

[ Edited ]

I just bought a new 

• HP Pavilion 500-023w Desktop PC and when I put my media card into the slot nothing happens. The light comes on, but it does not pick up the card and does not show in my computer that it even recognizes it being inserted. Please help! I specifically got a new PC just to be able to store my photo's and edit them! If I can't use this feature this is worthless to me.
  • {Personal Information Removed}or just reply and I will check the forum if you may know how to help. Thank you in advance!
Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (252 Views)

Re: Just bought a HP Pavilion 500-023w Desktop PC and the media card reader is not responding. Help?

Marshare, welcome to the forum.

What type of card are you trying to use?  Here are the cards supported by the reader:

Secure Digital (SD, SDHC, SDXC

Memory Stick (MS)

Memory Stick Pro (MS-Pro)

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!