Question

Top Student
jjonez_888
Message 1 of 3 (1,557 Views)

Keyboard double and singe qoute ( ' , " ) key is acting wierd.

I have a one week old HP Pavilion s3690d Slimline PC. I have an issue with the singe and double qoute key(the one beside Enter). Whenever the key is pressed so the said characters are added to whatever I am working on, they won't show up until I continue typing or hit space bar. I've tried using a different keyboard by the way, which is known to not having any issues at all, and it did the same thing. 

Now it's my first time using Vista OS, so could anyone tell me if it's normal to Vista or what not. As you can see I have apostrophes on here and I feel a lil bit awkward typing especially those mentioned characters or key that's having an issue.

I wish someone could give me some idea. Should this be a configuration issue or hardware issue maybe. 

I'd be glad to checkout your comments. Thanks!

Student
vertcam9
Message 2 of 3 (1,508 Views)

Re: Keyboard double and singe qoute ( ' , " ) key is acting wierd.

hey there,

my relative has the same issue, was HP able to fix your issues?

Top Student
jjonez_888
Message 3 of 3 (1,489 Views)

Re: Keyboard double and singe qoute ( ' , " ) key is acting wierd.

Actually, you'll just have to make sure that the keyboard language settings is English - US and not English - United States International.

I got mine fix already and hope you'll do the same. Let me know should you need to ask further details. Other than that, should be so simple.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation