Question

Intern
hibiscusguy
Message 1 of 6 (173 Views)
Accepted Solution

Link for 7.07 BIOS?

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a link or can anyone host a download for the AAHD3-HB 7.07 BIOS? I have the 7.16 already, but I'm having no luck finding the older version.

I know it's a long shot but you never know. Thanks. 

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 6 (140 Views)

Re: Link for 7.07 BIOS?

Hello hibiscusguy,

I understand you are looking for a specific BIOS update for your computer. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Intern
hibiscusguy
Message 3 of 6 (124 Views)

Model number: Hp Pavillion p7-1174

I know the latest BIOS for this system is 7.16 (which I'm currently running) but I'm looking for the previous BIOS revision which was 7.07. 

Thanks. 

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 4 of 6 (109 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello hibiscusguy,

Unfortunately, after a lengthy search I have been unable to locate the BIOS version 7.07 for your motherboard.

As an after thought on this I am curious as to where you got the BIOS update from as the HP Pavilion p7-1174 Desktop PC Drivers does not show any BIOS updates. I even swapped it over to the Windows 8 drivers and there is none there either.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Intern
hibiscusguy
Message 5 of 6 (90 Views)

Thanks for looking Dunidar. Much appreciated. 

Intern
hibiscusguy
Message 6 of 6 (71 Views)

[ Edited ]

Only reason I asked was because of my ram speed. 

On 7.07 the ram was running at 1866mhz (Ram is rated for 1866 as well as the CPU) but with 7.16 It's only running at 1600mhz...

Update the BIOS and loose performance. Ram performance is negligible, but the iGPU took quite a big hit going from 933 mhz to 800mhz. It's a noticable differnce in games. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation