Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MG 0982 Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

PC: Pavilion 500-260ea with KG-1061 Wireless Keyboard and MG-0982 Wireless Mouse.

I have a problem with my wireless mouse since upgrading to Windows 10 this morning.

Essentially any mouse click or movement of the scroll wheel switches the mouse off, requiring me to left click again to switch it back on. Once on, I can move the mouse pointer around, but it will switch the mouse off again with any further clich or scroll. This is a continual problem.

I have changed the mouse batteries, updated the driver via windows update and device manager (seperately) and deleted the mouse via device manager to force a driver reinstall on restart - but nothing seems to work.

As far as I can see, this device is currently unsupported under windows 10. Will HP be providing updated drivers for this mouse and if so when? I need the PC (with working mouse) for photo editing continually for my business and without it - its currently just a big useless box under my desk...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Hoyerman,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your wireless mouse ceases to function after installing Windows 10 on your desktop computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To correct this issue, I recommend downloading and running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Even though this tool is indicated to support Windows 7, the tool will work in Windows 10. Once launched, it should show a screen that looks like the image posted below:

untitled.png

Use the second option "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", and it should lead to a force update of 'Windows Updates' that may not be automatically applied. 

If the issue continues, I suggest returning your operating system back to the original operating system before Windows 10 was installed. 

I hope this helps!

Best Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.