Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just upgraded my Pavilion a1644x from XP to Windows 7, and I can not find the drivers for the SD/flash/etc., memory card reader.  The cards don't show up under "My Computer", and the reader does not show up in the device manager at all, even after doing "scan for hardware changes".  I'm sure it's just that a driver needs to be installed, but there is no driver listed for the memory card reader on the page with the other drivers for this machine.   I tried looking for Vista 32 drivers, too, since those should probably work on Windows 7.  No luck.

Does anyone know where I can find this driver?

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended
download the XP drivers for it actully, 7 still supports the WDM drive model, so get the XP drivers and use those, it will work
HP Recommended

This is everything on that page -- I don't see anything that looks to me like it implies memory card reader drivers.  What am I missing?

Driver - Storage Date Version Previous Size06-2007 1.0 - 1.29M CD-ROM order page - Recovery Discs Date Version Previous Size12-2006 N/A - 0 bytes07-2006 N/A - 0 bytes BIOS Date Version Previous Size06-2007 3.24 - 1.2M Firmware Date Version Previous Size11-2006 S853 - 4.19M11-2006 HP16 - 3.79M10-2006 0803 - 3.92M Original Drivers Date Version Previous Size08-2006 5.10.1000.5 - 3.28M08-2006 8.25.0.0 - 13.8M08-2006 7.39.0.0 - 1.78M08-2006 1.0.2.6 - 2.19M08-2006 5.10.0.5282 - 19.32M08-2006 5.641.209.2006 - 5.05M Software Date Version Previous Size01-2008 1.0 - 1.63M Software - Multimedia Date Version Previous Size03-2007 N/A - 83.03M10-2006 5 - 1.35M Utility - Tools Date Version Previous Size12-2008 4.000.012.001 - 4.57M
HP Recommended

This is an old system and i don't think its eligible for windows 7 upgrade hence no drivers will be published on hp's website,,,

its HP 5070-1800 Memory card reader 9IN1 4-slot - Supports Smart media, Compact Flash I/II, MS / MS Pro and USB 2.0

Product Details:

Interface: USB

Installation: Internal

Card Slots: All in 1 and Multi In 1

Type:CF card

No Drivers Required for 2000/XP ..

If You've upgraded from XP to Windows7 ..

Check if you're able to use any other USB device ..

If not check for any problems with usb root hubs and controller in device manager...also check if usb legacy support is disabled from BIOS..

Do let us know if your problem still exists !

HP Recommended

This system was "Vista Ready" when I got it; as I understand it, Windows 7 uses Vista drivers.

I'm not using any external USB hub, but my USB camera, keyboard, mouse, scanner, and iPod connection all work fine.  There's no mention in the device manager about any problems with any USB controllers or root hubs.

I just went through and did a "scan for hardware changes" on every item under USB controllers to see if it helped.  No change.

HP Recommended

OK, this is deeply weird...

I restarted the system to check if I had legacy USB support turned on in the BIOS.  I did.

When I rebooted, I got a popup at the bottom right hand side of the screen complaining about "a USB device has a problem, click for more details."

But my USB mouse wouldn't respond, so I could never click on it to find out what was wrong before the popup faded away.

I re-cabled, taking my KVM switch out of the picture, and going back to my PS2 keyboard and the USB->PS2 adapter for the mouse.

Now, everything works, including the memory card reader.

Except I really need the KVM...  Oh, well, that's not HP hardware.

HP Recommended

To be Specific your card reader does'nt require any drivers and uses the Universal Serial Bus

It does happen when you connect lot of devices over USB using a switch some may not function

You have already figured out the cause that's your KVM switch..and its a common problem with KVM switches..

Try eliminating monitor coz some KVM switches handle features of Display Data Channel incorrectly

and make it necessary to disable plug and play features in the operating system :smileywink:....

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my m9300z after upgrading from Vista to Windows 7....memory card reader won't work.  What can I do?  Thanks.

@mikevp wrote:

I just upgraded my Pavilion a1644x from XP to Windows 7, and I can not find the drivers for the SD/flash/etc., memory card reader.  The cards don't show up under "My Computer", and the reader does not show up in the device manager at all, even after doing "scan for hardware changes".  I'm sure it's just that a driver needs to be installed, but there is no driver listed for the memory card reader on the page with the other drivers for this machine.   I tried looking for Vista 32 drivers, too, since those should probably work on Windows 7.  No luck.

Does anyone know where I can find this driver?

HP Recommended

Well, what I found out was ...

You don't need a driver.  It should "just work".   ... Unless (as was the case with my system) you have some other USB device that is interfering.

Mine started working when I shut down and removed the USB mouse and keyboard, and hooked back up the PS/2 mouse and keyboard.

Once I have some time I'm going to experiment to see how I can get the USB mouse/keyboard and KVM switch running again without munging the memory card, but for now, the memory card reader is working fine.

HP Recommended

çalışmıyor lütfen artık yardım edin! sd card ne yaptıysam çalışmıyor..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.