Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@mikevp wrote:

I just upgraded my Pavilion a1644x from XP to Windows 7, and I can not find the drivers for the SD/flash/etc., memory card reader.  The cards don't show up under "My Computer", and the reader does not show up in the device manager at all, even after doing "scan for hardware changes".  I'm sure it's just that a driver needs to be installed, but there is no driver listed for the memory card reader on the page with the other drivers for this machine.   I tried looking for Vista 32 drivers, too, since those should probably work on Windows 7.  No luck.

Does anyone know where I can find this driver?

HP Recommended

Did you try looking through the xp section for the driver or vista 64 bit?  I upgraded my hp pavdv7-1428ca from vista to windows 7 and ended up with same problem as you: card reader not working and did not show up in device manager except there were 3 unidentified items in dm in the 'other' section so i tried updating them and the response was it could not find the driver through microsofts troubleshooting wizard.  So came to the hp website looked up my model under windows 7 64 bit and the driver was not there.  Then i checked my model under vista and the driver was there and worked perfectly.  check in your device manager if the there are any items listed in the other section and if they have yellow triangles with an exclamation mark inside it.  If they are present it's likely that it's your card reader in an unidentified state and only means you need a driver.

HP Recommended

@mikevp wrote:

I just upgraded my Pavilion a1644x from XP to Windows 7, and I can not find the drivers for the SD/flash/etc., memory card reader.  The cards don't show up under "My Computer", and the reader does not show up in the device manager at all, even after doing "scan for hardware changes".  I'm sure it's just that a driver needs to be installed, but there is no driver listed for the memory card reader on the page with the other drivers for this machine.   I tried looking for Vista 32 drivers, too, since those should probably work on Windows 7.  No luck.

Does anyone know where I can find this driver?

HP Recommended

memory card not read

HP Recommended

a

HP Recommended

Hello marianna1391995,

Was there an issue the community could assist you with?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

Tôi cần Memory Card reader drivers for Windows 7 64bit

HP Recommended

Just upgraded to another HP tower and the memory reader card will not show up in my computer. Do I need to download drivers for this to work.  I have tried two flash readers and still the same problem. This is for windows 7

bogibird

HP Recommended

Hi bigibird, sorry to hear that you are having issues with the card reader on your computer. Just so I can narrow down the issue, what is the exact model of your computer?  I will be happy to do the research necessary to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
For some reason I also have SD card is readable, and micro SD (TF) through the adapter can not read: (
But the guys told me that the adapters are different - through some normally works through the other not. I tried A-Data (does not work) try tomorrow Kingston adapter
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.