Question

Honor Student
davidfrnks7
Message 1 of 2 (202 Views)

Multi-Card Reader not working

I have an HP a6700f

Product Number FQ565AA#ABA

I have had Windows 8.1 Installed on it since it's been in beta and haven't had any hardware issues. BUt today i tried to put an SD card into the built in card reader and Windows doesn't even try to read it. The transfer light stays solid the entire time.

It has worked with previous verions of windows (vista, and 7) it's only with 8.1 that it's stopped.

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)

Re: Multi-Card Reader not working

[ Edited ]

Hello davidfrnks7,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see that your desktop is not able to read SD cards through the multi-card reader, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution!

According to the page for the HP Pavilion a6700f Desktop PC Drivers selection, the only drivers available are for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Without these drivers, your computer will not be able to recognize the multi-card reader.

This being the case, what you can do is to check for Windows drivers for your multi-card reader in Device Manager. To open the Device Manager, please follow this document on How do I get into Windows Device Manager? Once in Device Manager, please right-click on the multi-card adaptor and click on "install driver".   

If the issue persists, you may want to refresh your Windows 8.1 back to Windows 7. To do this, please follow this document on How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation