Question

Student
cubrilopetar11
Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)

Multiple USB Ports Not Working

[ Edited ]

Hello. I have had a Hp Pavilion h8-1335ez for about a year now and suddenly my 3 out of 6  2.0 USB Ports stopped working. I also have two 3.0 USB ports that are not working, but atleast in driver manager, it shows that the 3.0 Usb Driver doesn't work (see attachment). I'm more interested in fixing the 2.0 USB ports, but if you think you have a soulution on 3.0 too, please share. So I have tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times, but with no avail. The thing is, when I plug something in, it doesn't respond at all. No error message, nothing (same with 3.0). I installed the chipset drivers, updated the BIOS, and nothing works.

EDIT: I messed around with the ports and unplugged the Mouse usb from the port that works and put it in the one that doesnt work and... It worked. So i put a Flash Drive to the one that works, and....It doen't work, but I do get a error message:Capture 1.PNG

Thank you in advance. 

Capture.PNG

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (322 Views)

Re: Multiple USB Ports Not Working

HI cubrilopetar11:

When you connected your mouse to the port that was not working, and it worked,then the port works fine or it would not have recognized the mouse. When you connected your usb flash drive to the port  where the  mouse was  and you got an error message,it was recognized and the port is working. The issue is Windows could not find the software driver for your flash drive.  That is why the error message is telling you. Go to the manufacturer's site and look for the driver software for your device and download and install. Now when you connect your flash drive it should automatically install for you.

For your usb 3.0 have you tried doing a driver update from device manger. Right click on the usb 3 and choose update driver. If this does not work try uninstalling the usb 3, restart your computer and is should auto install the drivers. If your problem still persists, do not hesitate to let me know, as I would like to help. Please let me know either way.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation