Question

Honor Student
jyarnell
Message 1 of 12 (10,310 Views)

My computer will not start up.

I have had this problem for a long time, so I usually don't turn my computer off.  It will not restart.  I have tried at least 20 times to day to restart it.  I turn it on and the fan starts running and then just when you think it is going to get louder and fire up it does not.  I did have some box (sorry I do not know what it was called) replaced on it and it turned on twice but know it won't start up again.  Any advise?  I tried unplugging and all that stuff several times
Professor
1badGuard
Message 2 of 12 (10,301 Views)

Re: My computer will not start up.

Open the case and remove and reinstall the memory. You might blow out any dust built up inside.

Did they replace the power supply?

Computer model number will also help.

Honor Student
jyarnell
Message 3 of 12 (10,337 Views)

How do I remove the memory?

Professor
1badGuard
Message 4 of 12 (10,335 Views)

This link will help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph03886&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1829044

Still need the MODEL #  it will help by knowing what you have.

Honor Student
eric31182
Message 5 of 12 (10,290 Views)

The same thing happened to mine and it was a bad mother board. Hp fixed it the first time free because it was faulty when i bought it. Now less than a year later and the motherboard has gone bad again when i changed my hardrive. Now i have to pay to get it fixed cuz HP will not cover it. A motherboard should not go bad so quickly. So HP uses crap motherboards that dont last. I won't buy there brand again i cant afford it.
Intern
Jim1
Message 6 of 12 (10,235 Views)

There appears to be no clear evidence that the m/b is "bad." If you allow the system to run 24/7,  for months on end, you could be setting the system up for boot failure. Ultimately, this can be traced to the hard drive, not the m/b. When the h/d is stressed for months on end, then the system is turned off, a successful boot can be questionable, iffy, or not at all. Some hard drives do not like to be run without a breather. When, after prolonged running, you shutdown, and then go to reboot, the hard drive will not respond on all occasions. Jim S
Student
glenn1234
Message 7 of 12 (10,220 Views)

My pavillion 750n has a wierd message on it with different options to start the system but none of them work.  how do i get it to open...called HP they said they would not help me...and buy a new computer.  Can any one help with this?  i can type the message on the screen to whom ever can help with this or i can land line you.   Thanks,  glenn1234

Provost
erico
Message 8 of 12 (10,195 Views)

Hi Glenn,

Open up the case and unplug the HDD and CD drive. Do not have anything plugged in except the keyboard, mouse and monitor. Now start it. We need to see if it gets beyond the HP screen and the BIOS tells you that it sees no Operating syste. This will let you know if you have a BIOS problem. By any chance is the error message  "Checksum Error"?

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
erico
Message 9 of 12 (10,181 Views)

@Jim1:  If you suspect that your hard druve has a problem then download a S.M.A.R.T  hard disk utility. The utility will provide information that your hard disk reports anout itself. That is, of course, unless you have S.M.A.R.T turned off in the BIOS of your PC.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
sunhaven777
Message 10 of 12 (10,162 Views)

Not sure where to post. I had a problem computer wouls not come on. finally it said hard disk failure. replace. A6510t serial kz848AV-aba

serial# Mxv83700qq

Michitachi hdp725050gla360

instead of having 4.oo

rosoft windows vista home premium edition x64 bit {harddisk mad by samsung hd501Ljata device now ithey replaced with hitachi hdp725050gla360

instead of having the 4.00 GB i have 3.25 gb

called HP lady by name nickie from the philipines said to take panel off the right side by fan take memory card out and put it back in then it should be ok.

anyone hear of this? 

in home tech came out.{I have in home warrenty} all he did was take the old disk out and out new one in.

thanks sunhaven

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation